Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Wrestle Rant 2 - Survivor Series leadup

Ok, so TLC is done and over and now last nights Raw has kicked off Survivor Series season. A time when we should expect no titles are going to change hands for another month (oh joy). At least with the card they are promoting currently, we would expect so. At least in regards to the Universal/WWE title and the tag titles. For one, the tag title bout generated some twitter buzz between the two before the match was even official, so can't much anticipate that. Additionally, if the rumor mill regarding the main singles champions is correct, with Brock carrying the title to Wrestlemania and Jinder trying to sell WWE to the India audience, why would we expect those to change any time soon? Any ways, I really like predictions. I'm usually dead wrong on a lot of predictions, but lets try to shoot some out, shall we? First, I'll throw in my picks for both the 5 man elimination teams, predictions for those, then for the singles champ v champ matches.

Raw Mens
Kurt Angle
Finn Balor
Roman Reigns
Sheamus
Cesaro

SmackDown Live Mens
Shane McMahon
AJ Styles
Randy Orton
Bobby Roode
Rusev

I'm going to take a long shot with Shane O'Mac shooting the words "bring your gold medals" last night that this is an in ring challenge. It would be cool to see Kurt in this match and would play and could easily be written in for an appropriate level of competition. There were other 'top guys' I could throw in there, but I don't want to throw in too many conflicting personalities and rivalries, although that won't stop many. Could easily see guys like Braun Strowman, Kane, or Bray Wyatt fill any space for Raw and New Day or Dolph Ziggler for SDL. I don't think the monsters will be in any of the lineups as they look to be heading into a feud together. If one does, I expect the other to interfere and cost them an elimination. I would more than likely put money on Finn and Styles in this match to see them go face to face at some point and further hype round 2 for them.

Lets go team Raw this year.

Raw Woman's
Asuka
Nia Jax
Bailey
Sasha Banks
Mickie James

Smackdown Live Woman's
Charlotte Flair
Becky Linch
Carmella
Tamina
Naomi

I can't get past how stacked the woman's division is currently. The roster isn't deep by any means and really could see any lady fill the capacity during this match but I got to anticipate these are probably the top 5. Asuka is my question mark, as I could see she may not be placed in this type of match but on the other hand, I can see this as a platform for further promoting "no one is ready for Asuka."

Asuka as sole survivor.

Alexa Bliss vs Natalya 

 If I can be serious for a moment... Most of these matches don't really look good on paper. If you took the belts off the shoulders of all involved, I'm not a huge fan of the card and line up. That's just me though, and that's just me looking through the characters the shows have built for us. But, hey, you have to accept when you watch wrestling that the shows expects you to play stupid once and a while (WHERE IS BRAY WYATTS CHAMPIONSHIP REMATCH YOU JERKS?!) But, to the credit of Alexa Bliss, I'm not sure how she couldn't be taken legit in a match like this, being the only owner of both titles twice mind you. But, you know what? I think Bliss is going to have a drop in stock soon to make way for the Empress. Sorry bliss.

Natalya wins via Sharpshooter

Baron Corbin vs The Miz

I don't have much to say about this match. Both are punks.

Miz via distraction ringside and hissyfit from Corbin to follow.

Dean Ambros & Seth Rollins vs The Uso

You know who has been putting out amazing tag team wrestling lately? The Uso's, that's who. The matches they have had with the New Day have been pure magic. You know who has been sparking the fans though? The Shie thats who (again, no 'ld' as they only make up 2/3 the shield). Company want to push roman, so I can assume they going to push Shield more

Ambros & Rollins win.

Brock Lesner vs Jinder Mahal

Heyman cut a pretty good promo on how terrible Mahal really is. He's a tool right now to win a demographic audience. Maybe if they changed his character a bit, and not be a stereotypical arrogant foreigner, he could probably win 'his home country' more and the current country as well. I mean, wouldn't that be better for him and the company as a whole? He really doesn't need the Sing brothers gimmick. They are really just annoying. Like.... they are trying to give them all a job. They kinda just throwing talent together to make a push, even though the trio don't posses much talent at all. The brothers were in developmental but brought up way too early for the story. I've maybe seen them in one legit match. Now they are over reacting jobbers. They won't have a future in the company after this jobbing gig. Shame really. But who will they make loose. No one will believe a Brock loss....

Brock Wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment